18th January 2009 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Offers free firmware upgrade, data recovery
After reports that its 1TB Barracuda drives are failing at an unusually high rate, Seagate says it has isolated a "potential firmware issue" that would seem to be the cause of this worldwide plague. The company will provide a free firmware upgrade for those affected by the problem, and if you've lost data thanks to this …
Hardware 18 Jan 2009, 06:48
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- New material enables 1,000-meter super-skyscrapers