25th October 2008 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Update 'But the fighter jet is'
Google's top execs have purchased a fighter jet and parked it at NASA's Moffett airfield because - contrary to their original agreement with NASA - the execs' fleet of passenger jets is unsuited to running the space agency's earth science experiments. At least, that's the word from NASA. As we reported earlier today, H211 - …
Science 25 Oct 2008, 00:09
Review Samsung's best smartphone yet
It may be the first eight-megapixel cameraphone to hit the UK, but Samsung’s i8510 does more than simply take nice snaps. Much, much more. The i8510 flexes a formidable set of features that out-muscle most other smartphones in its class – and it’s certainly Samsung’s most feature-packed handset to date. Samsung's i8510: …
Reg Hardware 25 Oct 2008, 08:02
Best console game ever - part 2
A trailer for BioShock 2 has been discovered added on at the end of BioShock on the PS3, which began shipping across the Pond a week or so ago. Bioshock for the PS3 was recently awarded 97% by PSM3 magazine, higher than GTA IV, which was given 96%. Now circulating all over the web, the trailer video for the sequel to what …
Reg Hardware 25 Oct 2008, 12:35
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat