Next-gen Wii to be launched within three years
Sources talk HD console
Nintendo has begun showing off a second-generation Wii that’ll be officially launched before 2011, according to gaming sources.
In a report by gaming website What They Play, “multiple sources in the game development and publishing community” have claimed that Nintendo is currently giving early presentations of its next console hardware, which has been unofficially labelled as the “Wii HD”.
The sources also said that although the new Wii will retain the same style of gameplay, its core hardware will be more powerful.
For example, as the “Wii HD” name suggests, the new console will feature “digitally distributed and backwardly compatible content”, the moles maintain. That’s in addition to some form of on-board storage, such as an internal hard disk or solid-state drive.
Groundbreaking News !!!
I can already confirm that the new Wii will have the following games (Major Headlining News)
Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario, Wario
How psychic of me to be able to predict this !
Re: Wow, really?
"(Although I'd go with Super Wii, like the Super NES)"
So, surely that'll be SWii then?
Personally, I'd go with Super Wii High Definition, or SwiiHD (obviously pronounced the sqme as 'swede'). Although I suppose it'd also work without the Super bit, saving that for the 2016 release!
Re: "Next game"
.... Brilliant. If I had any coffee in my mouth (my full coffe cup is sitting on my desk), I would have sprayed it all over the keyboard...
Next gen name
Shouldn't the bigger version of the Wii be called the Puu?
It must be such a hard job thinking up rumours, hmm now let me think:
- Wii launched in 2006 + 5 year console cycle = 2011
- Wii is a HUGE brand for Nintendo, so they wouldn't want to ditch that advantage (Although I'd go with Super Wii, like the Super NES)
- HD will probably be in over 50% of first-world homes by 2011, but of course it'll still be viewable in SD for those without
- Storage space only grows over time, so it's VERY unlikely that Super Wii would contain the same, or less storage than Wii does
- Keeping the brand name Wii means there's a damn good chance it'd play Wii games
I only hope Super Wii will come with Motion Plus integrated into the Super Wiimotes.
we need a "rolls eyes" icon