10th August 2008 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
So they can watch the London Olympics?
Analysts EJL Wireless Research estimate that more than 12 million Chinese will be using TD-SCDMA handsets by 2012, though they also claim that Huawei won't be providing much of the infrastructure to support them. TD-SCDMA is a variant of CDMA designed to avoid paying patent fees to non-Chinese companies, and is the mandated 3G …
Mobile 10 Aug 2008, 08:02
Finally, the formula for invisibility is ours. Mwahahaha...
Scientists at the University of California in Berkeley have engineered a material that can bend visible light around objects. This development could soon result in technology that can render tanks, ships and troops invisible to the eye. Results of the US military-funded research are expected to appear in the scientific …
Science 10 Aug 2008, 19:56
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat