Ubuntu made me puke in a bucket
And then a Playboy blogger saved my soul
Radio Reg The world is a disgusting, filthy place. So, it's important to take a moment away from the turmoil from time-to-time, spread your legs and eat some aromatic pistou of borage. And, god bless, that's exactly what you can do at the Ubuntu restaurant and yoga studio in Napa.
We discussed Ubuntu and better bowel maintenance during Episode 20 of Open Season - the world's leading open source software broadcast. Matt 'The Censor' Asay and Dave 'My Wee Hurts' Rosenberg were, as always, on the show along with yours truly. There was no guest this week, as my wife is set to go into labor any second, and, frankly, I didn't think we'd sneak in a show.
Anyway, this episode covered a lot of ground including the new iPhone rollout, Google's protocol buffers, Amazon's cloud, Mac lovers killing desktop Linux and Google alienating Android developers.
No else left to piss off, right?
We found time to bag on Larry Lessig, Sun Microsystems, Microsoft and Playboy too. All in all, a very productive show.
Matt also provided some lessons on censoring movies through a handy little device and gave us a review of the greatest open source book ever written.
Go ahead - snoop around.
- Uncov Ted joins El Reg
- Dave joins too, talking about clouds
- Google works over Android developers
- Grumbles over Mac lovers abusing desktop Linux
- Eat at the Ubuntu restaurant and yoga studio
- Larry Lessig talks about his diet. World barely survives boredom
- Microsoft whines about Google monopoly
- Sun's ongoing struggles
- SAP blows up Levis
- Microsoft's Live Mesh hates you
- Matt reviews the top open source book
- Playboy's hot blogger competition
- Hot for Words chica beats them all
- The ClearPlay DVD nanny
Thanks for your ears. ®
Sponsored: Network DDoS protection