Tumble dryer bites woman in Weston-super-Mare
Tin snips deployed in harrowing rescue ordeal
RoTM A Weston-super-Mare woman is lucky to have survived an encounter with an obstreperous tumble dryer after a simple fluff-removal operation ended in an emergency services tin-snip deployment, a local rag breathlessly reports.
Firefighters were called to the scene in Kewstoke on Monday to find the 30-something victim with her hand wedged "between two pieces of moulded plastic" in the desiccating death machine.
Mercifully, the unnamed victim is now well, after operatives were able use "analgesic gel to numb the pain before cutting her free with a saw and tin snips".
She was treated at the scene by paramedics. The fate of the tumble dryer is not noted. ®
for not saying "the fate of the humble tumble dryer is unknown."
They'll all be at it, next!
Hang on a min here... Bored housewife, enclosed laundry room, ten hunky firemen turned up...."Ooo luv. It's hot in here in all this gear, we'll have to strip off a bit"....
She did it delib.... Errr how did she get to the phone to call fire brigade..
Sounds like there was a lot of prior preparation and planning behind all that lot....
Tumble drier willing accomplice and voyeur, or poor innocent that had to witness, such carnal cravings...!....
Here in Aust they're common at the consumer's fusebox too. Eliminates that ground potential. However a ground potential can still exist between 2 separate installations.
Had a friend who used the potential (90v) between his home and shop (on opposite sides of road) to keep a bank of batteries trickle charged.