15th March 2008 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Developer Dear John? Or just bad manners?
Apple has just sent a form letter to an army of would-be iPhone developers - and no one knows what it means. Some, like the folks at The Unofficial Apple Weblog, think it's a mass rejection letter telling all but a handful of select developers they're banned from Apple's fledgling iPhone Developer program. But others argue …
Applications 15 Mar 2008, 00:19
US to revoke one baby per click policy
China now has the largest number of internet users in the world, a Chinese research firm has calculated. BDA China estimates that since the end of February, the country has surpassed the US in total internet population. The US has enjoyed the numero uno slot since around the dawn of time - or the creation of the internet. …
Broadband 15 Mar 2008, 00:28
Er, data smelters aren't cheap, Mr. Oracle
In his recent letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, Warren Buffett appeared to flirt, ever so briefly, with Google. Buffett and partner Charlie Munger have shied away from technology companies, confessing a lack of understanding for their wares and unease over the pace of change in the technology racket. That said, the …
Servers 15 Mar 2008, 01:56
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE