Red Hat flips CEO, as Microsoft 'goes' astroturfing
Adobe and MuleSource tune open source assault
Radio Reg MacWorld, MacWorld, MacWorld. Let those proprietary clowns play with their toys and false idols. We'll stick with open source decency - thank you very much - and dish out Episode 9 of Open Season.
Joining the fearsome punditry triumvirate was Adobe's open source guru Dave McAllister. The dude has a phone that meows. We provide proof.
Adobe Dave helped kick off the show by walking us through some of Adobe's open source efforts and intentions. He also revealed plans to make Creative Suite 4 a Linux-only product and to release it under GPL v3. Hahahahahaha. Yeah right. Still, Adobe Dave provided some nice insights into Adobe's open source work.
The four of us also dug into Red Hat's new CEO, the death of Chandler, Mulesource's fresh products and some upcoming open source conferences. The educational content was high as was our enthusiasm. Take that, Papa Chango.
You'll find the full show notes below. Please send in your emails by clicking on me name above or dish out comments on this lovely show page. Your opinions count - or at least that's what we'll claim in public.
Adobe - the next open source giant?
- As it turns out, there's another Michelin starred curry house in London. Welcome, Benares
- Adobe is on the prowl in the open source kingdom - Tamarin, for example
- Photoshop giant plans to place Creative Suite 4 under GPL and make the code Linux only - er, just kidding - although PDF and other products will be simultaneously available on Linux, Mac and Windows
- Perhaps Adobe could use open source as a lever against big pappa Microsoft - that is before Apple buys Adobe
- Microsoft unfurls Open Value Subscription program, which is none of the above
- Papa Chango accuses Microsoft of astro-turfing and blasts us for being monotone
- Red Hat flips out CEO and Matt interviews the new guy
- This dude is a geek who refuses to touch an iPod because it won't do Ogg
- Novell's General Counsel bails out - did he get sick of having so much to do at the "law firm"
- Inside Scoop - Red Hat peeps don't know what to make of this guy. He's yet to meet the troops
- Adobe is way closer to Ubuntu and Gentoo crowd than Red Hat
Call Philip Marlowe
- Mulesource flies first open source SOA governance platform
- Analysts actually prove helpful, especially the RedMonk boys
- Fortune pens piece on top IPOs in 2008 - three open source kids in the mix
- SugarCRM did $15m in revenue in 2007 - apparently
- Ingres - she's a growing
- Zamanda rolls out backup for Amazon's S3
- Enter link hell with Linux Magazine's top 20 companies to watch list
- Does Chris Anderson actually have a tail?
- Open Source Think Tank conference in Napa Valley
- MuleCon in San Francisco
- IBM gives a comment about Ubuntu servers - not happening anytime soon
- Open Source Business Conference coming with grilling of Microsoft's top lawyer Brad Smith by Canonical's Mark Shuttleworth and the audience
Thanks for your ears. ®
Sponsored: Transform Your IT Infrastructure