Novell, Red Hat and Gartner war with Facebook for PR flop award
Save the fear leader. Save the hurled
Radio Reg Is there a PR professional decent enough to join the Open Season crew? Like you, we thought "no." But, as it turns out, Lonn Johnston from Page One PR is all class and just as full of vitriol as the rest of us.
Lonn helped Open Season get back on track after a brief hiatus. (A number of you actually were kind enough to write, wondering what happened to us.) The usual crew - me, Matt Asay and Dave Rosenberg - went after Novell in Episode 7. Then we went after Novell some more. And finished off the Novell bashing with some Novell bashing.
Next it was Red Hat's turn, as we wondered why the company tries to keep itself such an industry secret. You're a fine company, Red Hat. Speak up!
No show ripping on Novell and Red Hat would be complete without a helping of cynicism directed at Sun Microsystems, Facebook and the masters of the felch spoon over at Gartner. In all honesty, Matt and Dave probably need to stay on Gartner's good side, so they can appear in a magic quadrant or two. I need no such help. So attribute all angry comments to me.
As always, the full details on the rabble rousing are provided below for your consumption.
And now on with the show.
Show Notes - Novell wounded
- Page One PR takes the show down a notch
- Novell with layoffs
- Novell charged by Red Hat with releasing buggy code
- All agree - Novell is frustrating to watch
- Lonn has a secret Linux kernel contribution survey coming - Red Hat and Novell are neck-and-neck at about 10 per cent
- Last but not least, Novell delays SEC filings
Enough Novell Bashing Already
- Ah, well, you asked for it. Turns out Red Hat is weak too
- Red Hat Exchange does it for Alfresco, but does it work for anyone else?
- Red Hat - now shipping with more humanity
- Amazon and Red Hat board the cloud
Sun Spat and Faceshot
- Sun in OpenDS war
- But Sun is giving out open source awards
- Facebook is so very hapless
- Sarah! Lacy! goes Yahoo!
- Did we mention Facebook sucks
- Argh, the evils of resume spam
- Gartner's insane chart
- Both Gartner and IDC fail to serve customers by being years behind - huge shock
Thanks for your ears. ®
Sponsored: 2016 Cyberthreat defense report