Charlie Sheen in upside-down iPhone outrage
Thesp succumbs to 'Jesus mobe inversion syndrome'
Handsome thesp Charlie Sheen has a certain amount of explaining to do after he was caught on camera suffering from a nasty case of "Jesus mobe inversion syndrome":
Sheen is the first major celeb to succumb to the condition - initially spotted in an episode of The Bionic Woman - the symptoms of which are a clear inability to tell the iCon's arse from its elbow, quickly followed by internet exposure, ridicule and eternal banishment from fanboyland.
This particular outrage was picked up by engadget, which pleaded: "Seriously, please don't make us start another feature series of dumbass celebs holding the iPhone upside down."
It's too late for that, chaps - the blogosphere's iPhone orientation monitoring operatives are as we speak slo-moing months of US TV for further examples of cellular abuse. Expect further shock revelations. ®
You mean I've been holding it upside down all this time?
I am so embarrassed! No wonder I could barely hear the caller!
@FAO: Lester Haines - Your Coat Sir!
A. Coward, You Are A God. I ROFL at your feet.
I will wait for the nokoogle phone (or the gookia) lol
General comments on Apple's iPhone
1) 3G isn't yet ready for prime time since it KILLS battery life, that's why iPhones get 8-10 hours of talk time alone. The 3G chipset is the problem, not Apple's R&D. Nobody is going to be using the slower 3G speed when the iPhone has normal 802.11g anyway, so it's not a problem in day to day use.
2) IBM is the one that couldn't build cool enough chips for Apple, not the other way around. So Apple gave them a Pink Slip and went ahead and started to use the slower Intel chips. PowerPC is still the better chip, we all know that, but IBM goofed.
3) The iPhone is the most advanced cell phone on the planet, by FAR. It's easily the best value if you want a thin, fast, multi-touch phone, with a huge, extremely high resolution screen. No other phone is even close in functionality to the iPhone and won't be for several decades because of patents.
Apple now controls the upper end of the Cell Market, and it's only a matter of time before they release the lower end models, just like they did with the iPod. Apple will own over 30% of the handset market within just 5 years. The iPhone is JUST THAT GOOD.
Apple iPhone, a top product?
I'd go for a sony ericsson phone anyday.
1. The iphone is a rip-off, I know a couple of people who bought one in the UK and feel that they've been ripped off badly (£269 plus 10% of monthly spend)
2. It doesn't support 3G (I have just bought an SE K800i on o2 and think the call quality alone is worth the upgrade) why didn't Apple wait and do a bit more R&D and release it with 3G)
3. You are exchanging one greedy US billionaire (Gates) for another (Jobs) and this one is even more of a control freak, though a thermal management problem forced him to turn to the superior and largely open x86 architecture.
I'd switch to Linux before I'd switch to Mac.
But we digress
As I've said elsewhere, people should choose products on what does the job best for them rather than banging on about whatever platform like it's their life's work.