22nd September 2007 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Judge could prescribe 10 years in prison
A former Unix system admin at Medco Health Solutions, a big US drugs prescription management firm, has admitted to planting malicious code that would have destroyed massive amounts of critical patient information. Yung-Hsun Lin pleaded guilty in US District Court in Newark, New Jersey on Wednesday over the charge of …
Enterprise Security 22 Sep 2007, 00:10
Skirmish before Microsoft battle?
The Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC) has filed the first US infringement case to defend the General Public License (GPL) version 2. The case has been brought against Monsoon Multimedia, a specialist in video viewing and capturing devices, which has offices in Silicon Valley and in New Delhi. SFLC legal director Dan Ravicher …
Software 22 Sep 2007, 02:35
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging