Coming Tuesday: 5 Microsoft patches
Only one rated critical
Microsoft's Security Response Center has provided advanced notification of the patches that are expected for release next week as part of the September Security Patch Release.
Each of the five patches scheduled for release next Tuesday are for a different system component:
- One Critical patch for Microsoft Windows
- One Important patch for Visual Studio
- One Important patch for SFU (Services For Unix)
- One Important patch for MSN / Live Messenger, and
- One Important patch for SharePoint Server / Windows
There hasn't been much discussion at this stage about the potential content of the patches, though it is known that there is active malware targeting various weaknesses in the MSN client.
Accompanying the above patches will be an update to the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, and a single high-priority, non-security update for an unidentified product.
This article originally appeared at Sunnet Beskerming.
© 2007 Sûnnet Beskerming Pty. Ltd
Sponsored: Protecting mobile certificates