Natalie Portman: Attack of the Film Fans
Secures 'most unconvincing on-screen chemistry' title
Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen have been voted "the movie couple with the most unconvincing on-screen chemistry" for failing to spark in Attack of the Clones.
The poll of 3,000 film buffs, carrried out by cinema ad outfit Pearl & Dean, also honoured Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez for Gigli with second place, while the decorative Keira Knightley's dalliance with Orlando Bloom in Pirates of the Caribbean merited a creditable third for its lack of romantic conviction.
The top ten is:
- Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen - Attack of the Clones
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez - Gigli
- Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom - Pirates of the Caribbean
- Madonna and Adriano Giannini - Swept Away
- Catherine Zeta Jones and Sean Connery - Entrapment
- Hugh Grant and Andie MacDowell - Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Ben Affleck and Kate Beckinsale - Pearl Harbor
- Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman - Eyes Wide Shut
- Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal - Brokeback Mountain
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet - Titanic
Fair enough. For the record, this isn't the first time Gigli has been named and shamed. Back in 2005, it secured seventh spot in the worst movie sex scene awards, with pole position deservedly going to by Elizabeth Berkley and Kyle MacLachlan in celluloid atrocity Showgirls. ®
Can we al please stop ......
Andy - Actually, I think it is Ms Portman who is doing that :) Maybe now these results are out instead of acting (!?) she'll take up singing, or perhaps even knitting.
I cant say i'm surprised about that one.
I think anyone would have a hard time getting into a frame of mind that included being romantic with Mr Bloom.
Good acting generally takes more than 3 facial expressions and lots of hot air...but bless, i don't think anyone has had the heart to point that out to him yet..
re: Can we all please stop .....
Danny, are we making you think twice about your own sexuality..? ;)