20th May 2007 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
The first public indication of IBM's Power6 muscle has arrived courtesy of Oracle. The Register has spotted four 4.7GHz - yep, you read that right - Power6 chips cranking on Oracle 11i. The speedy chips confirm IBM's boasting that Power6 would arrive near 5GHz. They also show that IBM's customers have a lot to look forward to …
Servers 20 May 2007, 04:33
House of Cards DOJ approaches climax with UIGEA in wings
The US Department of Justice (DOJ) continued its orgy of online gambling asset seizures this week, issuing seizure warrants for $9.25 mil from Citadel Commerce and $4.2 mil from FirePay. Both companies are Canadian, and neither is currently taking money from American gamblers. The fact that both companies have already withdrawn …
Law 20 May 2007, 18:39
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE