Microsoft and The Reg team up to make exam prep easy
Save while you train
The Register has teamed up with Microsoft Press to bring you training kits for various Microsoft certification exams with a colossal 40 per cent off the RRP*.
Ace your exam preparation and ramp up quickly on the topics covered in the featured titles, so you are able to maximise your performance on the exams and apply your new found skills and expertise to the job!
- MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-270): Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional, Second Edition
Topics include installing or upgrading to Windows XP Professional, including automated installations; configuring and managing hardware, disks, and file systems; configuring and customising the desktop environment; administering security features, including the advanced security technologies in Windows XP Service Pack 2; managing TCP/IP networking; troubleshooting the boot process and other system issues; supporting remote and mobile users; and monitoring resources and performance.
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-536): Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 - Application Development Foundation
Focusing on the .NET Framework version 2.0, this official study guide covers topics such as .NET Framework fundamentals, I/O, graphics, collections, serialisation, application domains and services, application and user security, threading, instrumentation, reflection, and installing and configuring applications.
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-431): Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2005 - Implementation and Maintenance
Focusing on SQL Server 2005, this official study guide covers topics such as installing and configuring SQL Server, implementing database mirroring, managing database snapshots, working with XML and flat files, managing replication, backing up and restoring a database, monitoring and troubleshooting, and creating and implementing database objects.
- MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294): Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Core Requirements, Second Edition
Fully updated for Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, this all-in-one kit provides in-depth preparation for the skills measured by the core MCSE Exams 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, and 70-294 - including preparation for the new simulated work environment in the certification exams.
- MCPD Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-548): Designing and Developing Windows®-Based Applications Using the Microsoft® .NET Framework
Announcing an all-new Self-Paced Training Kit designed to help maximise your performance on 70-548, a required exam for the new Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD): Windows Developer certification. This two-in-one training kit includes the official Microsoft study guide, plus practice tests on CD to help you assess your skills.
- MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-431, 70-443, 70-444): Microsoft® SQL Server 2005 Database Administrator Core Requirements
Work at your own pace through the lessons and hands-on exercises. The study guides focus on installing and configuring Microsoft SQL Server™, designing a database server infrastructure, designing a database solution for high availability, monitoring and troubleshooting, backing up, archiving, and restoring a database and designing a strategy to manage and maintain databases and database security.
Check out Register Books for other Microsoft Training Kits at 40 per cent off. With over 50 titles discounted you can "save while you train". ®
* Offer correct at time of going to press. Offer covers selected titles only.