Symantec Backup Exec gets Vista-tized
Fresh release Exchanged and x64ed too
Symantec Backup Exec users waiting patiently for Vista compatibility can now brick their systems while enjoying the style of Window's Aero glass effect.
The finger of blame for the long wait falls partly on Microsoft, who's latest OS offering shot out of the stable with all the speed and grace of a three-legged horse. Vista's numerous delays made Symantec exclude its support in Backup Exec version 11d, released in November. Now Symantec's Vista-ready back up software arrives tardy, but more...supportive.
The new version now loves: (here come the bullets)
- Exchange Server 2007
- 64-bit platforms
- Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS)
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 R2 (Premium and Standard editions)
- EMC Celerra NAS devices
- Solaris 10 on Intel and AIX
- Expanded x64 bit support for Active Directory Agent
- Expanded x64 bit support for SharePoint Agent
- Extended Mac Agent Support to Intel-based OSX systems
You can download the latest version of Backup Exec on Symantec's website. ®
Sponsored: Customer Identity and Access Management