Feeds

Game Boy child electrocuted in Thai hotel

Tragic accident, local police report

Choosing a cloud hosting partner with confidence

A seven-year-old British boy has been killed in Thailand after being electrocuted during an attempt to plug the mains-charger for his Nintendo Game Boy into a hotel power socket.

The incident took place on Saturday, but details have only now been released following an investigation carried out by local police. The victim was named as Connor O'Keefe, 7.

Officers said the boy's death was an accident caused because Connor was still wet after a dip in the pool of the hotel at which he and his parents were staying. Police believe he either plugged in the power adaptor or attempted to remove it. Either way, water from his body made contact with the electricity supply with fatal consequences.

Police said the boys hotel, the Sunset Beach Hotel in Patong Beach, Phuket, was not to blame for the accident. ®

Internet Security Threat Report 2014

Whitepapers

Designing and building an open ITOA architecture
Learn about a new IT data taxonomy defined by the four data sources of IT visibility: wire, machine, agent, and synthetic data sets.
Forging a new future with identity relationship management
Learn about ForgeRock's next generation IRM platform and how it is designed to empower CEOS's and enterprises to engage with consumers.
5 critical considerations for enterprise cloud backup
Key considerations when evaluating cloud backup solutions to ensure adequate protection security and availability of enterprise data.
Reg Reader Research: SaaS based Email and Office Productivity Tools
Read this Reg reader report which provides advice and guidance for SMBs towards the use of SaaS based email and Office productivity tools.
Managing SSL certificates with ease
The lack of operational efficiencies and compliance pitfalls associated with poor SSL certificate management, and how the right SSL certificate management tool can help.