AA man restarts car with cyberdog
Long-term readers will recall the case of little Oscar Webster - the cyber-infant who swallowed the coded radio transponder of his mum's Ford Focus, thereby immobilising the vehicle.
Dogs, too, have a taste for chips, the BBC reports. Juliette Piesley, 39, had "changed the battery in her electronic key fob but was then unable to start her car".
AA patrolman Kevin Gorman duly attended the scene in Addlestone, Surrey, and noticed the "immobiliser chip" had gone awol. Piesley admitted her dog George had "eaten something", and it didn't take long for Gorman to put two and two together.
Accordingly, he dumped the miscreant canine in the car's front seat and was able to start the car with the key. He said: "I was glad to get the car started for the member. They will now have to take George with them in the car until things take their natural course."
Gorman admitted: "It is the first time that I have had to get a dog to help me to start a car." ®
Thanks to Damion Nash for the tip-off. And yes, we're going to try this one, too: "Sorry I'm four hours late for work, but the dog ate the car's transponder chip and I had to wait for nature to take its course..."
Sponsored: Fast data protection ROI?