Top of the sops
Which spyware foxed the most in May?
Windows security firm Sunbelt today released its countdown of the top ten spyware threats in May.
So, scampickers, here it is:
- DesktopScam - 2.61 per cent
- SpyFalcon - 1.24 per cent
- 180search Assistant - 1.21 per cent
- Virtumonde - 0.99 per cent
- Looking-For.Home Search - 0.88 per cent
- IEPlugin - 0.65 per cent
- AvenueMedia.InternetOptimizer, AKA DyFuCA. Charming. - 0.63 per cent
- Command Service - 0.62 per cent
- Media-Codec - 0.60 per cent
- iSearch.DesktopSearch - 0.59 per cent
Most download adware, some change your home page, and some upload details of your web use to rogue servers. There's more details from Sunbelt on indivdual threats here.
Funnily enough, Sunbelt recommends its CounterSpy software to beat the scammers. ®
Sponsored: The threats from within