For sale: ICBM silo, one careful owner
Gimme shelter, US style
Wannabe Ernst Stavro Blofelds who are currently still living with their parents rather than in the vast underground complex manned by boilersuited lackeys which befits their plans for world domination are directed to eBay where a rather tasty former ICBM silo complex has come up for sale:
- Located about 1 1/2 hrs from Spokane, 4 hrs. from Seattle, 5 hrs. from Portland.
- 360 Degree Views.
- Private water system.
- High Power lines on sight [sic].
- Hardened buildings built to withstand One megaton nuclear blast within three thousand feet!!
- Wall thicknesses up to fourteen feet.
- Three 155' tall missile silos.
- A dozen other large to huge buildings underground.
- Thousands of feet of connecting tunnels.
- Paved roads.
- Security fencing.
Yup, real Bond villain's des-res, and no mistake. Potential bidders - and you'll currently need to pitch more than $900k for this piece of real estate - should note there's more than a touch of estate agent (realtor) spiel about the blurb.
For example, the 360-degree views described are indeed available, as long as you're standing on top of the complex in which case you have a uninterrupted view of, well, not much, as the picture shows.
Note also that "all underground buildings need to be remodeled to new use", so you'll need to dig deep for a new monorail and set a bit aside for a lick of paint. Still, at least you've got three silos from which to launch your spacecraft-eating space vehicle, so that's a bonus. ®