1st April 2006 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
April Fool Mu Shu Porked
The People's Republic of China has acquired a controlling stake in the United States' fastest growing technology company, Google. Google announced the transfer of 140m shares of Class B stock to a new entity owned by the Chinese Ministry of Information in typically forthright style. The news was disclosed in a Captcha graphic …
Bootnotes 1 Apr 2006, 04:24
April Fool It's war. It's a 'Continuity Presidency'
The US Department of Justice (DoJ) and the office of the White House Counsel are preparing a draft document laying out the President's wartime authority to remain in office past 2008, The Register has learned. The scheme is described as an emergency "continuity presidency," made necessary by the extraordinary circumstances and …
Business 1 Apr 2006, 10:33
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging