4th March 2006 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Intel CEO forced to watch
Google has become an Opteron convert despite having Intel CEO Paul Otellini on its board, according to an analyst report. Mark Edelstone at Morgan Stanley has Google shifting into Opteron or bust mode. The server hungry ad broker, like many, has turned to AMD's speedy 64-bit chip for performance and power saving gains, he said …
Servers 4 Mar 2006, 00:47
Your data is
Last month, Ernst and Young lost five laptops (that we know about). The accounting firm didn't really hold itself accountable for the missing hardware. It only copped to the losses after being contacted by reporters and downplayed the situations, saying password protection would keep customers information safe. The mainstream …
Letters 4 Mar 2006, 01:47
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace