26th December 2005 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Hand of justice touches music downloads
It seemed only a matter of time before New York attorney general Eliot Spitzer turned his gaze of justice toward the online music download scene. And, as we learned last week via a regulatory filing from the Warner Music Group, Spitzer has in fact kicked off "an industry-wide investigation" into download pricing by handing out …
Music and Media 26 Dec 2005, 15:31
Interesting range of comments on my Mumps piece. Leaving aside any issues with the future NHS IT systems (which I'll return to later), a lot of readers pointed out that M (or Mumps) was currently widely used in UK Health systems (as well as the USA). I'm sure that's true (two companies with M-based products, I'm told, are …
Developer 26 Dec 2005, 17:56
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month