DiData buys African telco provider
Picks up Plessey
South African reseller group Dimension Data is buying the other half of Plessey Ltd. from Worldwide African Investment Holdings.
DiData already owned 49 per cent of Plessey, now it is paying £10.75m (120m South African rand) for the remaining 51 per cent. DiData has held 49 per cent of the firm since 1998.
Plessey is a major African telecoms provider and has run projects in 19 countries. It has offices in eight countries and employs 250 people.
As of 31 March 2005 Plessey turned over £79.71m (890m Rand) and made a profit of £6.04m (67.4m Rand) for the year.
Read the statement here.®