20th August 2005 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Whacking Google's wordlist woes
Earlier this week the NCSA released a study that attempted to compare the respective merits of Google and Yahoo!'s search engines. (See My spam-filled search index is bigger than yours!). Unfortunately, the only thing it proved was which search engine was publishing the most gibberish it had collected - a fact apparently lost on …
Music and Media 20 Aug 2005, 04:51
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?