Feeds

Tiscali confirms sale of French opo - finally

Telecom Italia snaps up Liberty Surf

  • alert
  • submit to reddit

The Power of One Infographic

Tiscali has sold its French ISP business - Liberty Surf - to Telecom Italia, both companies have confirmed.

Telecom Italia is to shell out around €266m for Tiscali's 95 per cent stake in the business. Once the deal is complete, Telecom Italia will launch a public offer for the remaining 5 per cent of Liberty Surf's share capital, as required by law.

Liberty Surf in France has around 344,000 broadband punters and some 700,000 dial-up users. Last year it generated revenues of around €225m.

Tiscali is expected to use the proceeds from the sale of Liberty Surf to help pay off a €250m loan due in the summer. ®

Related stories

Tiscali France sale imminent
Tiscali France sale to be inked next week
Tiscali 'flogs French ISP'

Boost IT visibility and business value

More from The Register

next story
BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
Auntie tight-lipped as major outage rolls on
iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
But never fear fanbois, you're still lapping up iPhones, Macs
Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
Phone egg, meet desktop chicken - your mother
HP, Microsoft prove it again: Big Business doesn't create jobs
SMEs get lip service - what they need is dinner at the Club
ITC: Seagate and LSI can infringe Realtek patents because Realtek isn't in the US
Land of the (get off scot) free, when it's a foreign owner
Samsung threatens to cut ties with supplier over child labour allegations
Vows to uphold 'zero tolerance' policy on underage workers
Dude, you're getting a Dell – with BITCOIN: IT giant slurps cryptocash
1. Buy PC with Bitcoin. 2. Mine more coins. 3. Goto step 1
There's NOTHING on TV in Europe – American video DOMINATES
Even France's mega subsidies don't stop US content onslaught
You! Pirate! Stop pirating, or we shall admonish you politely. Repeatedly, if necessary
And we shall go about telling people you smell. No, not really
prev story

Whitepapers

Seven Steps to Software Security
Seven practical steps you can begin to take today to secure your applications and prevent the damages a successful cyber-attack can cause.
Consolidation: The Foundation for IT Business Transformation
In this whitepaper learn how effective consolidation of IT and business resources can enable multiple, meaningful business benefits.
Designing a Defense for Mobile Applications
Learn about the various considerations for defending mobile applications - from the application architecture itself to the myriad testing technologies.
Build a business case: developing custom apps
Learn how to maximize the value of custom applications by accelerating and simplifying their development.
Consolidation: the foundation for IT and business transformation
In this whitepaper learn how effective consolidation of IT and business resources can enable multiple, meaningful business benefits.