19th March 2005 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Punishment becomes profit
Although the European Commission's statements are diplomatic to the point of opacity, there's no mistaking what it thinks of the latest turn in the Microsoft antitrust saga. The Commission doesn't think Microsoft's trying hard enough, and it has canvassed widespread industry support to bolster its position. From a Microsoft …
Hardware 19 Mar 2005, 01:05
The fix isn't in
14 million games console owners are still at risk of waking up to find their Xbox has become an ex-box. For when Microsoft issued a safety advisory for Xbox customers last month, it failed to address the underlying problem. After several reports of consoles catching fire, Microsoft urged 14 million console owners to send in …
Consoles 19 Mar 2005, 02:19
Taken five years. Only one more to go
The .eu domain may finally come alive, five years after its conception, following a meeting this coming Monday. ICANN will discuss "Delegation of .EU and EURid-ICANN Agreement" at a special board meeting on 21 March and if it gives it the green light then, well, then you might be able to actually buy an .eu domain by April 2006 …
Financial News 19 Mar 2005, 23:22
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month