23rd October 2004 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Balance at UN tilts in favour of therapeutic?
UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan endorsed therapeutic cloning on Thursday, adding his weight to the UN member countries opposing the US-led campaign to ban all human cloning. A treaty which would ban the cloning of human being has been in the works since 2001, but arguments over extending this to include therapeutic cloning have …
Science 23 Oct 2004, 10:37
But no guns detected
The Metropolitan Police deployed a weapons scanner in the London Borough of Lewisham last night, as the culmination of a week-long series of anti gun crime operations in the Borough. Friday's swoop also identified a radical new use for the Millenium Dome, although the scanner itself seems not to have detected any guns. A BBC …
Science 23 Oct 2004, 13:37
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire