Job Opportunity: Sales Executive
Join the team...
Job Title: Sales Executive
Department: Advertising Sales
Address: The Register
Telephone: 020 7733 3021
The Register hit the Web as a daily UK based news operation in May 1998. In November 2003 more than 2.2 million unique users (ABCe) visited the site. According to some industry monitors, it is the dominant force in the UK and amongst the top 2 globally in its market.
With readership and inventory growing at more than 10% year on year, The Register offers a unique and genuinely exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
Media agencies, advertisers, trafficking team and internal colleagues.
Responsible to Account Manager who will act as main contact and on-the-job trainer.
The subsequent role is that of Account Handler. This brings managerial responsibility and more involved agency contact. No date can be set for this, but will be governed by individual success, and vacancies arising.
- Promoting the Register brand to media buyers, and assisting with the sale of advertising space and other Register products to ensure that revenue is maximised.
- Administrating business across a designated portfolio of agencies and clients.
- Booking and monitoring advertising campaigns to ensure that deals are met and that campaigns run smoothly.
- Keeping all internal sales records up to date.
- Identifying and defining potential leads for the team.
- Fulfilling and qualifying incoming sale enquiries.
- Keeping immediate line management up to date concerning market and client issues.
- Taking on responsibilities from line management as capable, so freeing senior personnel to conduct other tasks.
- Developing and enhancing agency, client and team relationships.
The ideal candidate will already have at least one years media sales experience, ideally online and in the technology sector. An interest in technology is a must.
The candidate must:
- be IT literate and numerate
- possess organisational skills
- demonstrate good administrative skills with attention to detail
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- be a team player but also to work without guidance
- show initiative and enthusiasm
- be able to engage and build relationships in both a work and social environment
- demonstrate a professional attitude
- have a capacity to deal with repetitive tasks
- have a desire to work in media sales
- be able to acknowledge own mistakes
- be able to follow instructions
- hold persuasion skills for a sales environment
Renumeration depending on experience
Hours Of Work: 0930-1730
Holidays: 25 Days
Probation Period: 3 months
Notice Period: 1 month
Training: Internal, on-the-job, and external courses when required
This roll will be based in the UK with the majority of work being undertaken from the central London office.
Please direct your CV/Resume to Philip Mitchell.