Job Opportunity: Account Manager
Work for El Reg...
Job Title: Account Manager
Department: Advertising Sales
Address: The Register
Telephone: 020 7733 3021
The Register hit the Web as a daily UK based news operation in May 1998. In November 2003 more than 2.2 million unique users (ABCe) visited the site. According to some industry monitors, it is the dominant force in the UK and amongst the top 2 globally in its market.
With readership and inventory growing at more than 10% year on year, The Register offers a unique and genuinely exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
Media agencies, advertisers, trafficking team and internal colleagues.
Responsible to Sales Director who will act as main contact and on-the-job trainer.
The Register is a dynamic and growing organisation as - further success will bring positions of increased responsibility and more specialised roles.
- Managing the entire sales process on a portfolio of existing key agencies and clients
- New business
- Identifying and converting sales leads and opportunities
- Selling online advertising propositions
- Responding to RFPs and client briefs
- Managing booking process
- Liasing with the webmaster to coordinate delivery campaigns
- Overseeing satisfactory campaign delivery via our 3rd party trafficking team
- Forecasting future revenues
- Managing and training of Sales Executive
The ideal candidate will already have at least 4 years media sales experience, ideally online and in the technology sector. An interest in technology is a must.
The candidate must:
- be a consummate sales professional with a proven track record
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- demonstrate a professional attitude
- be IT literate and numerate
- possess organisational skills
- demonstrate good administrative skills with attention to detail
- be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- be a solid team player - with proven ability to work without guidance
- show initiative and enthusiasm
- have a desire to work in media sales
Salary: £30k pa; £10k commission (average achievable)
Hours Of Work: 0930-1730
Holidays: 25 Days
Probation Period: 3 months
Notice Period: 3 month
Training: Internal, on-the-job, and external courses when required
This role will be based in the UK with the majority of work being undertaken from the central London office.
Please direct your CV/Resume to Philip Mitchell.