5th September 2004 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Enslavement doesn't pay
A Sony movie executive and his wife have been ordered to pay their former maid $850,000 to settle charges of enslavement and assault and battery. Nena Ruiz last week received the award from a Los Angeles jury, which decided the former housekeeper was entitled to back wages and punitive damages. The jury found that James Jackson …
Bootnotes 5 Sep 2004, 19:03
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE