Email use survey results: report now in
Data collated, conclusions drawn
Well, the survey results (based on a healthy 1793 respondents) have been collated and perused and assembled into a PDF report which you can obtain here.
The findings can be broadly summarised as follows:
- Over 80 per cent of respondents saw email as critical or extremely important for internal communication within their organisation.
- Email is a pre-requisite for doing business in the modern commercial world.
- Email has moved far beyond simple desk-to-desk messaging.
- The larger the company, the more likely it is to have an active policy regarding personal email use.
- Email security is an area of major concern.
We're obliged to all those readers who took the time to help us compile this useful data. We're still looking for further respondents for our ongoing Corporate Security Drivers and Solutions probe - so if that's your particular area of expertise, your help would be much appreciated. And you never know - you might bag yourself some top merchandising into the bargain.
Alternatively, you can sign up as a permanent member of our Reg Reader Panel whereby your brains are occasionally picked on a range of important topics. ®