Messing with the hackers' heads
30% off Honeynet Project literature
Site Offer For centuries, military organizations have relied on scouts to gather intelligence about the enemy. In the field of information security, few scouts have ever existed. Very few organizations today know who their enemies are, how they might attack, when they might attack, and, perhaps most important, why they attack. The Honeynet Project is changing this.
In a completely revised edition of the one-of-a-kind "intelligence report" - Know Your Enemy, will provide you with an unrivalled report on those who use the Internet for destructive purposes. It provides an in-depth guide to honeynets--high-interaction honeypots designed to capture extensive information on exactly how your enemies operate so you can protect your systems from them.
Inside, you'll find extensive information on:
- How to plan, build, and maintain first- and second-generation, virtual, and distributed honeynets.
- How to capture and analyze data through a honeynet, including the latest on reverse engineering and forensics for Windows, UNIX, and networks.
- Understanding the enemy, including real examples of incidents and compromised systems, types of attacks, and profiling.
This week, The Register bookstore is providing you with Know Your Enemy's incredible wealth of information for just £26.59 - a colossal saving of 30 per cent!
Other featured titles this week, all with 30% off:
- LaTeX Companion, The RRP £45.99 - Reg price - £32.19 - Saving £13.80 (30%)
Authoritative and comprehensive, this is the first revision of this seminal book on LaTeX in ten years! It contains more than 900 self-contained ready-to-run examples that can immediately be reused by readers, written by the core LaTeX developers and maintainers, this is the essential reference for anyone using LaTeX
- Sams Teach Yourself Networking in 24 Hours RRP £17.99 - Reg price - £12.59 - Saving £5.40 (30%)
Includes updated coverage of wireless, including cell phones and PDAs, Linux, security using OSes and firewalls, and anti-spam technologies.
- XQuery RRP £37.99 - Reg price - £26.59 - Saving £11.40 (30%)
A tutorial for developers who need to learn how to work with XQuery and an excellent reference to XQuery expressions for those who are already using the language.
- AI Game Development RRP £38.99 - Reg price - £27.29 - Saving £11.70 (30%)
AI Game Development outlines a variety of popular AI techniques applicable to game development, with novel insights into the design process.
- CCNA Self-Study RRP £70.50 - Reg price - £49.35 - Saving £21.15 (30%)
Learn all the topics covered on the CCNA (640-801), CCNA ICND (640-811), and CCNA INTRO (640-821) exams.
- CCNA Practice Questions Exam Cram 2 RRP £14.50 - Reg price - £10.15 - Saving £4.35 (30%)
The perfect companion for CCNA preparation, covering the first exam needed to become a Cisco Certified Professional.
- CSIDS Exam Cram 2 (Exam Cram 623-531) RRP £21.99 - Reg price - £15.39 - Saving £6.60 (30%)
This book meets the needs of thousands of security professionals who are moving into or upgrading to CCSP.
- Autonomic Computing RRP £27.99 - Reg price - £19.59 - Saving £8.40 (30%)
A definitive guide to understanding and implementing Autonomic Computing -- an important new technology and strategic iniative from IBM.
- Data Center Fundamentals RRP £42.99 - Reg price - £30.09 - Saving £12.90 (30%)
Master the basics of data centers to build server farms that enhance your website performance.
Don't forget to check out some of the alternative titles listed below:
- Managers not MBAs RRP £24.99 - Reg price - £17.49 - Saving £7.50 (30%)
This book offers profound thoughts on management education and development. It should be recommended reading for MBA students and faculties. It will excite and exasperate readers, but it will never bore them." - Management Today
- The 18 Challenges of Leadership RRP £16.99 - Reg price - £11.89 - Saving £5.10 (30%)
This is the book that will allow you to: Understand what the key challenges of leadership are, Reflect on your ability to tackle each, Develop your ability to be more effective and act to become a better leader.
- Complete Leadership RRP £16.99 - Reg price - £11.89 - Saving £5.10 (30%)
This book helps you assess your current leadership abilities, across a whole range of skills - and then shows you how to improve them.
- Strategy Safari RRP £21.00 - Reg price - £14.70 - Saving £6.30 (30%)
Strategy Safari can be read by anyone with an interest in business strategy but it is especially useful to those managers, scholars and students who must reconcile academic theory with the everyday reality of modern corporate practice.
To browse or buy the other great discounted titles available to Reg readers, simply click on any of the links below: