13th December 2003 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
iPod royalty tax
Canada's copyright agency has OK'd the downloading of copyrighted music from Peer to Peer networks - for now, at least - slapping a small tax onto MP3 music players. The Copyright Board of Canada declined to extend existing levies on blank audio and CD recordable media to DVD recordables, or to removable memory, such as Compact …
Music and Media 13 Dec 2003, 02:45
But Flarion's lips are sealed
US carrier Nextel is expanding its trials of Flarion's '4G' technology, based on its flash-OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing) techniques. Details are scant: Nextel would only say that the trial covered 150 base stations in 'a major Southern city', and Flarion itself declined to elaborate, Unstrung reports. We …
Mobile 13 Dec 2003, 02:45
Blocking websites? Us?
The list of Iran's heinous crimes against humanity is certainly a long one. As one of the principal members of the Axis of Evil™, the Islamic fundamentalist state is doubtless guilty of developing nuclear and chemical weapons, giving succour to al-Qaeda, fomenting holy war against the West and cruelty to defenceless animals. …
Music and Media 13 Dec 2003, 13:14
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE