Nokia phone explodes – again

Oh dear

A Dutch teenager suffered burns to his leg when his Nokia mobile phone exploded in his trouser pocket on Monday.

This latest incident comes less than three months after a woman, also from The Netherlands, suffered burns to her face and neck after her Nokia handset exploded.

At the time Nokia blamed the incident on a non-Nokia replacement battery being used.

But in the latest incident it's being alleged that the battery was the original one supplied with the Nokia phone, according to reports.

No one from Nokia was available for comment at the time of writing. ®

Related Story

Woman burned by exploding cellphone

Sponsored: Network DDoS protection