Another Nokia phone explodes
In Vietnam, this time
Another Nokia phone has exploded - this time in Vietnam.
A young woman is in hospital today being treated for burns after her mobile exploded yesterday inside her pocket.
A spokesman for the Finnish mobile outfit said he was unable to say what was the cause of the incident until the phone, battery and charged had been inspected.
Earlier this week a teenager in Holland suffered burns to his leg after his Nokia phone exploded.
It's been claimed that the phone had an original Nokia battery. However, the spokesman told The Register that an initial investigation by the company suggests that the battery might not be a genuine Nokia part.
He stressed that all cases of Nokia phones exploding to date have been the result of non-Nokia batteries.
In August, a woman suffered burns to her face and neck after her Nokia phone exploded. ®
Sponsored: Benefits from the lessons learned in HPC