Xbox Live hits 50,000 in Europe
Good or bad?
It's hard to judge whether this figure represents a success or not for the service; 50,000 units sold across Europe isn't exactly stellar in pure shipment terms, but then again, there's no other product in the same category as Live so we can't compare those figures with head to head.
Microsoft, for its part, certainly believes that the launch has been successful, with European Xbox Live boss Michel Cassius commenting that "we're really excited to be reporting successful sales so soon after launch. The feedback and take-up has been very encouraging."
It'll certainly be some time before the European network catches up with the numbers reported in the USA, however.
MS has also revealed a listing of the Xbox Live titles becoming available in the next eight weeks, many of which offer true multiplayer as well as online scoreboards or downloadable content.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Lucas Arts) - Multiplayer and Downloadable Content
- Godzilla (Infogrames) - Downloadable Content
- MotoGP 2 (THQ) - Multiplayer
- Phantasy Star Online (Sega) - Multiplayer
- Burnout 2 (Acclaim) - Online Scoreboards
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Activision) - Multiplayer and Downloadable Content
- Midtown Madness (Microsoft Games Studios) - Multiplayer and Downloadable Content
- Midnight Club 2 (Take2 Interactive/Rockstar) - Multiplayer
- Brute Force (Microsoft Games Studios) - Downloadable Content