6th April 2003 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
All jobs are safe, bank says
Bank of Ireland has said that no job losses are anticipated as the result of a major outsourcing deal it is negotiating with HP. Bank of Ireland announced on Friday that it was in exclusive discussions with HP about appointing it as the bank's supplier of IT services for the next seven years. The move will likely lead to the …
Business 6 Apr 2003, 21:14
Fear of a million Big Brothers
NEW YORK--The privacy advocates and civil libertarians at the 13th annual Computers, Freedom and Privacy conference sometimes seem dwarfed by the enormity of the projects they oppose -- larger-than-life enterprises worthy of a James Bond villain. John Poindexter's Total Information Awareness project, if successful, would …
Security 6 Apr 2003, 21:20
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire