Shell out less on Unix Programming
This week's reader book offer from IT-minds
This week's featured book from Reg associate IT-minds.com is Unix Shell Programming, Third Edition. It's a tutorial aimed at helping Unix and Linux users get optimal performance out of their operating system. The book shows them how to take control of their systems and work efficiently by harnessing the power of the shell to solve common problems. It begins with a generalised tutorial covering Unix and tools and then moves into detailed coverage of shell programming. Topics covered include: regular expressions, the kernel and the utilities, command files, parameters, manipulating text filters, understanding and debugging shell scripts, creating and utilizing variables, tools, processes, and customizing the shell.
Unix Shell Programming is availble to Reg readers at £15.39 - a saving of 30 per cent.
The best of the rest at 30 per cent off this week are:
- Software Fortresses: Modeling Enterprise Architectures
- Business Intelligence Roadmap
- The CG Tutorial: The Definitive Guide to Programming Real-Time Graphics
- The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers
- Deploying License-Free Wireless Wide-Area Networks
- How to Use Lotus Notes 6
- MCSE/MCSA Training Guide (70-210): Windows 2000 Professional
- Just Enough CRM
- Batman: Dark Tomorrow Official Strategy Guide