9th March 2003 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
More expected, says paper
An employee at the UK's top secret listening post, GCHQ (Government Communications Headquarters) has been arrested following the Observer newspaper's publication of what it claimed was a leaked 'dirty tricks' email from the US NSA last Sunday. Today's paper reports the arrest by Gloucestershire police of a 28 year old woman, and …
Music and Media 9 Mar 2003, 14:05
Must make perfect sense to somebody...
Microsoft's temporary closure of Neowin Neowin over a Windows XP Peer to Peer SDK leak has taken on an Alice in Wonderland quality. First, the hole the Microsoft take-down notice was intended to plug is still, as far as we can see, open, and second, one Andrew G Tereschenko has been emailing the world's press claiming …
Software 9 Mar 2003, 16:45
Unforeseen dangers of Swiss pre-paid phone deals...
Today's mobile phone terror scare story has the virtue of being real, but unfortunately only sort of. An Associated Press item (free registration required) cites Swiss newspaper reports that 'anonymous' mobile phone cards have been linked by Swiss investigators to Al Qaeda. A good trick, if the card is really anonymous, but you …
Mobile 9 Mar 2003, 19:12
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat