Dell laptop named in SA burns explosion
Battery pack blamed
The 15-year-old-girl in South Africa who suffered second-degree burns to her hands and thighs after her laptop exploded was using a Dell machine, it's been revealed.
iafrica.com reports that the laptop was a Dell Inspiron.
The story also quotes the girl's father as saying: "It would appear the battery pack had exploded and disintegrated and set fire to the room."
Forensic experts are now carrying out tests on the laptop to establish the cause of the explosion and subsequent fire.
A spokesman for Dell in South Africa said the company had not been contacted by the family or police over the incident.
And because the full facts of the case had yet to appear he was "unable to comment" on the matter. ®