30th March 2002 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
The Lotus Imposition
This time of year we are inundated with spoof press releases, sundry practical jokers, and the like; and ever since, three years ago, when we fell for an April Fool's joke - albeit for 15 minutes - sent to us a couple of days early, we are on high alert for bogus stories. So what to make of this astonishing tale of a small non- …
Channel 30 Mar 2002, 09:54
Yahoo! irks! privacy! groups!
Doubleclick, the world's biggest online ad serving company, is coughing up $1.8m in legal fees and costs to settle all privacy class actions against the company. At the same time it "commits to a series of industry-leading privacy protections for online consumers". This includes limiting the life of cookies to five years (there …
e-Business 30 Mar 2002, 10:31
Episode 6 Holy Cow! It's Crap Installer Man
BOFH 2002: Episode 6 So The PFY and I are at some fundraiser that a vendor's slipped us tickets for when I happen to glance at the night sky, and notice the Horned Phone image in the clouds, which can only mean one thing - Commissioner Gordon needs us. I signal quietly to The PFY that we're needed by tipping my drink …
BOFH 30 Mar 2002, 11:40
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Tablet? Laptop? HP does the splits with Tegra-based SlateBook x2
- NASA signs off on sampling mission to Earth-threatening asteroid
- Climate scientists agree: Humans cause global warming