31st December 2001 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Cashing in on Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt
Everyone from the FBI to the LA Times has something scary to say about the new XP vulnerability. Here's why they all have it wrong. The creation of marketing niches from Microsoft technologies is a model of perpetual motion. Redmond develops the products, and we get paid to implement, install, configure, customize, upgrade, …
Software 31 Dec 2001, 20:18
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go
- Microsoft breaks bug-bounty virginity in $100,000 contest