21st December 2001 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Good for consumers
Oftel today ruled that competing operators can mix-and-match their broadband infrastructure with that of BT's DSL network. Such combos should be in the public domain by next summer, the telco watchdog says. Before today's decision, telcos had to act either as a reseller for BT, or build their own broadband networks in their …
Broadband 21 Dec 2001, 10:20
Episode One Upwardly Mobile
Salmon Days, the killer cult pay per view comedy screening only on the Web to a UK audience, is now opening its doors to the US, and maybe even the rest of the world. Tune in for the hilarious Episode One; and get the skinny on prawnithology, Megashaft, and cleaning computers. OK, it's two days later than we said it would …
BOFH 21 Dec 2001, 10:55
Judicial review rejected
The Court of Appeal today rejected the judicial review for IR35 sought by the Professional Contractors Group (PCG). One would think that this would mark the end of the PCG's crusade to overturn IR35, a ruling that extends employee status, and hence more burdensome income tax requirements, to 90,000+ previously self-employed …
Business 21 Dec 2001, 11:23
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE