PC-poor pop pops pills…
...and dies (tales from the Digital Divide?)
A 42-year-old father took an overdose of pills because he couldn't afford to buy his daughter a PC for Christmas, his widow told police.
Gyles Morton from Southampton was so distraught at his inability to afford a computer for his 15-year-old daughter, who has to write all her homework by hand, that he took an overdose of pills. His body was found two days later in woodland, the Mirror reports.
He left behind a note in which he said he felt "helpless" - as an epiletic he wasn't able to make a living - and apologised for his "failings".
It finished: "I love you all... I am sorry I could not do any more".
Police said they were not treating the death as suspicious. ®