17th November 2001 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Watergate jailbird sees God in Windows XP "Religion costs much", the prophet Mark E Smith of The Fall once wrote - "but irreligion costs more"*. Our bootnote on the musings of a Watergate jailbird-turned-preacher on Windows XP drew a huge postbag, disproportionate to the importance of the story. Were we mocking Christianity? …
Letters 17 Nov 2001, 01:47
Letters Do you ride Tandem?
Hello, hello, hello. And a hello and Thank-You to reader "DeeKay", writing from the Liechtenstein, who sends us this note: Well, you guys obviously love making up new words for current IT-events and companies, eg Itanic, SirCam-Merger, Fluffybucks, Chipzilla, The Beast etc!... How about calling the M$/DOJ Settlement a " …
Letters 17 Nov 2001, 11:05
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE