18th August 2001 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
They're still wrong
The FBI's National Infrastructure Protection Center (NIPC) has issued a bulletin stating that "the Internet threat posed by Code Red when it changes from a scanning mode to an active distributed denial of service (DDoS) mode at 8pm (EDT) on August 19, 2001 is significantly reduced." All right, that's correct in a sense, but it' …
Security 18 Aug 2001, 19:35
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace
- Tablet? Laptop? HP does the splits with Tegra-based SlateBook x2
- NASA signs off on sampling mission to Earth-threatening asteroid