2nd June 2001 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Won't play with DNSO
When we suggested last November that the country code registrars could withdraw from ICANN, we commended it as a threat to be taken seriously. Such a secession would deal a terminal blow to ICANN's authority as the sole domain name policy maker, and one national registrar described it at the time as the "nuclear option." For …
Music and Media 2 Jun 2001, 07:02
Contaminates all other software with Hippie GPL rubbish
Microsoft CEO and incontinent over-stater of facts Steve Ballmer said that "Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to everything it touches," during a commercial spot masquerading as a media interview with the Chicago Sun-Times Friday. Ballmer was trying to articulate his concern, whether real …
Software 2 Jun 2001, 18:19
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire