20th January 2001 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Open the pod bay door please, HAL....
Compaq intends to build a supercomputer capable of 100 teraflops (trillion operations per second), or approximately thirty times as powerful as the baddest machine currently in use. It will be developed in partnership with the Sandia nuclear lab and genomics outfit Celera. The monster box will be used for advanced biological …
Business 20 Jan 2001, 23:17
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go
- Microsoft breaks bug-bounty virginity in $100,000 contest