17th December 2000 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Civilisation hanging by a thread
The FBI's Chicken-Little-esque anti-hacking outfit, the National Infrastructure Protection Centre (NIPC), raised the alarm last week over an amusing FTP stuff-up enabling a group of kids to play interactive games courtesy of a power-utility's bandwidth. The network in question was stupidly configured for anonymous FTP login …
Music and Media 17 Dec 2000, 05:17
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging